This Process Works When Viewing Homes in London Ontario
As your Realtor, our most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
We do that in a number of ways.
We will recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable. All our clients rave about our “Market Education” tour and personal buyer manual!
We make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted. We are also well connected to sources who let us know about properties that may be listed soon or private sales by owners or sellers who are thinking of selling if the right buyer came along.
We help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, we provide you with in-depth details on the home so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, history, crime data, schools and about 20 more facts about each home. Later, if you have questions and we can’t answer them, we will get the answers for you.
We also give you the scoop on the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. You can count on us to steer you away from undesirable areas.
When you find a property you like, we give you our professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without our expert advice. We should point out that opinions can be costly for everyone so rest assure that any information we give you is fact, assumptions are for the lazy!
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodelling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodelling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s our job to help make the process easy and productive for you so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call Ty at 519-435-1600 now and let him know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and we’ll get back to you.