Have You Chosen A Realtor Yet?
When planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
A real estate agent, (a Realtor) especially one who knows the London Ontario and area real estate market, can help you find and buy the right home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoother for you. During viewings, a great Realtor will give you all the facts and history on that property, so you know the full story. A great Realtor will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues,” that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to make an offer, your Realtor will present and negotiate it on your behalf. If you don’t have your Realtor, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s Realtor, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Lawyers cannot represent both the buyer and the seller, why Realtors?
Bottom line: A great Realtor is there for you, every step of the way. Statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price with your Realtor.
What to Look for in a Realtor
When buying a home, you want a Realtor who:
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have an understanding in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to find excellent properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every Realtor offers all of these services. Our clients say we do.
The best way to select a great Realtor is to meet with him or her in person. Ask these questions. See if there is a good fit.
As well, do they know what they are doing? Is it all talk, all friendly and bubbly, all smiles & teeth (if no teeth, walk away) & are you going to make the difference between them eating mac and cheese or meat and potatoes? If a vegan, tofu or cardboard?