Be Prepared First
When you visit a home in London Ontario and area that you really want, most of the time you can hardly wait to be handed the keys! You may also worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers.
Our role and duty, as your Realtor, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is you fully understanding the process of an offer and the consequences, then preparing the Offer. This is the Agreement of Purchase & Sale we present to the seller and their Realtor that states the price you’re offering, the chattels (appliances) as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously, but not overpay.
We know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property, the research and in-depth analysis we do is quite thorough.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what happens:
- We’ll guide you with what our research has concluded and come up with a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, we may suggest a condition, such as a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- We’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her Realtor.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, we’ll work with their Realtor, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to arrange a mutual acceptance.
- We’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark!
- Once the seller agrees to our offer, we’ll help lead you through the removal of any conditions, work with your lawyer and whatever else it takes until you take possession.
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a Realtor who, like us, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.